Favorite Quote:

  • "Life is short, choose happiness."

Three Men, Three Fathers, Three Loves...

 "To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today." 
 My Dad...
  
One of my favorite memories of my Father is a cross country trip from California to North Carolina when I was 14. At the time, I probably had very little appreciation for it. Being stuck in the car for days, pulling over to take power naps, asking when we could stop, demanding hotels with pools even on the coldest days, holding giant paper maps trying to follow our route, listening to the various news stations, classical music, and on and on...My poor dad may have been just as tired of me as I was with him during that trip.
My Dad and Little Love

But as an adult, what I now remember was our stop at the Grand Canyon and soaking in all it's grandeur with my dad by my side! It was a sight to see. I remember him telling me random tidbits as he drove and stopping at quirky little towns and shops along the highways. I remember convincing my dad a pool was warm and he jumped into the freezing cold water! Before that trip, I also recall dad and I just exploring new towns. One of my favorite memories was the Redwoods (one of God's masterpieces)! Although we didn't have a lot of money at that time, we had each other... and the open roads.
 "A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there. But a guiding light to show us the way."

In college, I asked  my dad to come and spend the weekend with me. We sat at the local bar, shared a beer, memories, and dinner. My dad has never been one to show emotions, but he showed his love in other ways. Then there was the smile...that was undeniably his way of saying I LOVE YOU! College years introduced new milestones in my relationship with him. I began to look at him as more than a dad...he was also becoming my friend.

It is from my dad that I have this constant thirst for learning new things, research, reading, travel, and yes...recipes. I LOVE my dad!
Click on read more...


Little Love and my Fahter-in Law
My Father-In-law.
 
"It is not the flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons/daughters." 
He helped raise and shape a man who became my husband. He is a baker and a lover of all things Fox news and recipes...lucky me! He has always made me feel comfortable. He has welcomed me into his home and family.
We have learned a lot from each other over the years. From him,  I learn the ways of the South, southern sayings, southern foods, and even explored tobacco and cotton fields. I introduce him to new foods, new stores, and take him to malls that include Tiffany's and Louis Vuitton (yes I will never forget the time he took a picture of the stores inside International Mall at Tampa!) HA!  I THANK him for being one amazing and sweet grandfather to my child, for loving my husband, and welcoming me as part of his family.

 My Husband...
Music to my ears...laughter shared between my Little Love and husband!

My husband is one heck of a daddy and our Little Love absolutely ADORES him. She talks about him when he is not with us. She looks forward to time spent with him, she tells people about him with a smile unlike any other. My husband has dinner dates with her (this usually involves PIZZA), they garden together, build bird houses, bake cookies, they play...Simply said, he is a man that knows how to spend QUALITY time with HIS PRINCESS!
Click on Read More...


  
"Nothing makes a woman love a man more than seeing how much he loves their children."

My husband makes sure that his daughter eats healthy meals, cooks for her, and sits with her at the dinner table every night. He prays with her and tells her animated bed time stories. My husband instills GODLY values by teaching her how to PRAY, the importance of attending church every Sunday, using good manners and ENCOURAGES her. From him, she learns responsibility, integrity, compassion and humility. Now that is man that I can easily fall in love with over and over!

A quote I have read and seen a million and one times...
"The most important thing a Father can do for his children is to love their mother."
 
I DO NOT LOVE THIS QUOTE FOR SELFISH REASONS.  I LOVE this quote because my husband shows me daily that he loves me in front of our Little Love. Our daughter, through his actions, will know how she should be treated in the future. That we can openly yell out "I love you" from across the room! If my husband hugs me, it is inevitable that my daughter will run to us and join in on the hugs (HUGFEST)!  She will know what a family household should/could be like...flowing with laughter, joy, and love! To be cared for and protected. I know that my daughter will grow up to remember these things. I pray daily that she carries these values into adulthood. She is a lucky child to have been BLESSED with him as a father and I am equally as blessed to have him as my husband.

Little Love's super hero
 
Happy Father's Day to these AMAZING men!!!

You have my HEART.

No comments:

Post a Comment